Wed 7th Feb 12.30pm

Day 14!

Shirley rang a few moments ago. The physios hope to do the home visit today or perhaps tomorrow. This is great news. Shirley will come home for an hour or so and they will assess her doing certain tasks, e.g. putting a caserole in the oven, making a cup of tea etc. I pointed out to Shirley that I can't remember the last time she did either of those things. Her reply cannot be repeated here.

It seems that the light is emerging at the end of the tunnel.

I'm hoping that they may be able to arrange this for this afternoon, as I am supposed to be going to Birmingham tomorrow, but if necessary this will, of course, be rearranged.

4 comments:

ukok said...

Fantastic News!

You are funny, Fr!

Fr Peter Weatherby said...

Funny?

ukok said...

I pointed out to Shirley that I can't remember the last time she did either of those things.

I know you prefer coffee to tea, but I'm sure Shirley made a casserole not too far back when I was working at the presbytery :-)

Fr Peter Weatherby said...

Ah! The truth will find me out!