Sunday 18th February

Shirley writes ...

I am doing really well, though just getting over a nasty chest infection, which if anything, has made me feel worse than I did having had a stroke! I am walking (without sticks), but I hope this doesn't become my natural gait. My left hand is getting more use in it, but still weak. My field vision isn't 100% so driving is out for the time being, well at least until I see my consultant again in 6 weeks time, so Peter will have to bring me to Maryvale for the BAAT weekend coming upin March.
I have been mistaken as belonging to a religious order with the amount of clergy and sisters who have been to visit me, even +David came which was nice to see me. My consultant saw Introduction to the Liturgy, CCC, GIRM, Vat II documents, etc, all laid over my bedside table as I've got on with my studies, and thought I was a nun!!! It isn't surprising when 6 nuns from the Immaculate Heart of Mary all turned up together to visit me.....One of the male nurses thought he was going to see a bit of "Sister Act"!
It hasn't all been fun on the acute stroke ward where I've been, there have been five who haven't been as fortunate as myself, and died whilst I've been on there. I realise this can happen to anyone, (I've never smoked or taken illegal drugs), just over worked. I'm taking this as a wake up call to slow down a bit now. I was the youngest by 30+ years on my ward. It was a blood clot I suffered on the brain, not a bleed. Now on anticoagulants.

I have been asking the Holy Spirit to find me the time to study more....I didn't expect Him to go to such lengths to make this possible! But I do realise now just how many people must love me.....I have been really touched by the amount of love and prayers people have sent.

Shirley

No comments: